WHY BE A MENTOR?
- Share your experience
- Greater awareness of the needs of today’s students
- 78% of students are more likely to volunteer are being mentored (source)
- 55% of students are more likely to go to college after being mentored (source)
- You can positively influence a student’s future in a STEM career!
MENTOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help students follow timeline and deadlines
- Provide timely, quality, and appropriate feedback to support the development of the student’s research paper, abstract, or poster
- Encourage students to become self-regulated learners
- Keep track of the time that you spend mentoring (minimum of 10 hours)