MENTOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help students follow timeline and deadlines
- Assist students with formulating their research question or with starting their experiment
- Provide timely, quality, and appropriate feedback to support the development of the student’s research paper, abstract, and presentation
- Encourage students to become self-regulated learners
- Some students will have existing projects that they are submitting and other students will be starting from scratch completely — the student you are matched with will depend on both your STEM background and how much time you are willing to volunteer.
- Communication with mentees can happen in one of two ways — via email and/or at our Mentor/Mentee Meetups in January & February (a STEMcityPHL representative will be present at all meetups)
- We will host a Dinner & Discover Mentoring Orientation in early December, so you will know what is expected of you as a JSHS Mentor.
December 7: Dinner & Discover Mentoring Orientation Location: 2 Penn Center Plaza Philadelphia, PA 19102 (14th floor- Office of Adult Education) Orientation will begin at 5:00pm and refreshments will be provided.
- To learn more about what is required for a student’s research paper and presentation, click here.
- You must have your background clearances in order to be matched with a student.
Click HERE for the mentor application and if you have any initial questions please call 215-683-2121 or email us at email@example.com